Algalita History — Algalita Today — Calendar of Events — Partners — Contact Us
Mission — Strategic Plan — Annual Report — Board & Staff
Working toward a plastic pollution-free world through....
We envision a global environment that is healthy, sustainable, and productive for all living creatures,
free from PLASTIC POLLUTION.
Algalita Founder, Captain Charles Moore, explains the issue of plastic pollution
1. Conducting research and collaborative studies on:
- Distribution, abundance and fate of marine plastic pollution
- Potential harmful effects of plastics in the marine environment
- Transference of toxicants and their impact on human health
2. Providing authoritative, educational findings to students, scientists, the general public, governmental agencies, and the private sector.
3. Collaborating with organizations working toward restoring the aquatic environment by reducing and ultimately eliminating plastic pollution.
Algalita Marine Research Institute (AMRI) is a Long Beach, California-based non-profit marine research and education organization.
AMRI is a registered 501c(3) organization and all contributions are tax deductible.
Sarah (Steve) Mosko, PhD
Lorena Rios, Phd
R. Mac Holbert
Russell Bellmer, PhD
Philippe Cousteau, Jr.
Laura Martinez Rios Del Rio
Anthony Andrady, PhD
William D. Grafton III