Write a letter to a hero in The Story of Plastic film to thank them for sharing their story.
We’re all in this together and it’s important that we show each other support!
What you need to know:
The heroes in the film are people who have dedicated a lot of their life to addressing the issue of plastic pollution and the negative impacts on humans. Find a list of the heroes in the film and people who made the film here.
What to do:
- Watch The Story of Plastic documentary.
- After watching the documentary, write a letter to one of the people in the film who you’d like to connect with.
- Send your letter to us so we can pass it on to the hero. Upload the email, text, or a picture of your handwritten letter in the Track section below. You can also send us the original hand-written copy in the mail, addressed to: Algalita, 148 N. Marina Dr. Long Beach, CA 90803, or send an email version to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email us, make sure to write “Letters to a Hero – SOP” in the subject line.
What to watch out for:
If you need help figuring out the name of the person you saw in the film that you would like to contact, either scroll through the film to find their name, or email us at email@example.com with a description of what the person said, looked like, or did in the film.
- In your letter you can share what part of their story or message resonated with you, a question you have for them or a statement of support.
- If you are doing any work to prevent plastic pollution, let the hero know!
- Remember to sign your name!
Track Your Contribution To Solving Plastic Pollution:
Submit 1 Action Hour for approval: Complete the form below.
Upload your letter using one of these options.
Cover image photo credit: Algalita
Where to next?
Explore the lessons and actions that build off this one to continue on your journey to address the plastic problem!
Write a Love Letter to the Sea
You can send your film hero, or someone else who inspires you, a “Love Letter to the Sea”. You can also send one to a politician or business leader who needs to know about the problems with plastic.