Terms of Service for the Algalita website
These Terms of Service constitute a binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Algalita (“we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the https://algalita.org/ website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected there to (collectively, the “Site”).
You agree that by accessing the Site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
Who we are and how to contact us
www.algalita.org is a site operated by Algalita. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 562.598.4889.
Our registered address is Algalita 148 N. Marina Drive, Long Beach, CA 90803
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- all registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete;
- you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary;
- you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms of Service or if a minor you agree to obtain consent from an appropriate adult before continuing to use our site;
- you will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
- you will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- you will not use the Site any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- you will not knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
The parties undertake to know and comply with the relevant national (federal and state) and international regulations in their current version, in particular:
- Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018)
- United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR)
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
- California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (CalOPPA)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Where you signup to the Wayfinder Society through the Site, you agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. You must not disclose it to any third party. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user login details, you must promptly notify us.
We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate or otherwise objectionable.
The Algalita website uses online forms to gather specific information from our site visitors. For example, we will collect information if you sign up to the Wayfinder Society or use the ‘contact us‘ form. This ‘contact us’ form to send messages to our staff is used to collect typical information as the visitor’s name, contact information, and a brief message. Data is then stored locally and on Google Drive.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to content posted on our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
Third-Party Websites and Other Sites
The Site has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Site shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms of service and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please email us at email@example.com.